Friday, May 1, 2009

Obama's 100th Day / Flip's First Post

Congratulations, people. We made it. Barack Obama has been in office for 100 days and America stands strong. We have survived pirates, bankruptcies and (cross your fingers) at least one pig-based super virus. Being from Central Pennsylvania, I know there were a lot of people who woke up on November 5th freaking out about what would happen since . But despite their fears, everything is basically the same. There's a little more gay marriage, a little less torture, and white people don't feel quite as bad about all the shitty things they've done to black people over the years. But I'd say the biggest takeaway from this is, you remember those chain emails about the book of Revelations predicting Obama as the anti-christ? Turns out that they (probably) weren't true. Phew.

After 100 days in office, I have to say that this is my favorite moment of the Obama administration so far. It comes to you courtesy of TIME. Here we see Michelle meeting with Carla Bruni, the first lady of France, for a little girl talk during the Obamas' tour of Europe. I believe the caption is "OMG you touched the Queen?! F'reelz??!!"

For a more detailed summary of the first 100 days in office, check out Obama's facebook news feed, courtesy of Slate.

Also, for any of my creepy friends who may be reading this post (Dustin & Jordan) you'll probably enjoy this post a lot more if you take a minute to stare at the picture, and imagine a First Lady make-out session. Ye-ah.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I must say I'm so surprised to still see so many Obama supporters in his corner. I figured most would have thrown in the towel by now considering he really hasn't done anything to better the economy in our country which should be his #1 objective. Which quite frankly he seems to care nothing about. I'm not here to mock or judge your opinions, or say your wrong, but only to make friends. One's that can give me a different look toward the serious issues that effect us all, other point of views that make sense and seem logical. Plus I love to debate. So let's help eachother out in expanding our fan bases. You can check me out at http://theitconservative.blogspot.com/ Good Luck;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I am overall pretty happy with the Obama administration. I still feel it's a little to early to judge Obama. He's only had three months, so it's hard to call him a great, good or bad president, just yet. But like you said, he has had a lot on his plate.

    As for the economy, there is only so much you can do. You have to let it work itself out. I thought keeping our country safe from terrorists was the president's number 1 objective?

    And yes, I have seen Michelle Obama in person. She is quite hot.

    ReplyDelete